Two things I learned about myself today.
So basically I am incredibly low on money as I’m only getting like 4 hours/week at work and having to provide for my puppy and myself (with some money help from my dad, but mostly on my own). Anyway, I’m broke as a joke, but I was hellbent on getting myself a hot V-Day outfit for my dinner date with the boyfriend.
The first thing I learned is that 1.) I am one thrifty bitch, and 2.) I will do just about anything for a nice pair of heels that I will maybe wear like once or twice. That’s a problem I know. Anyway, in a pinch I will do whatever it takes to fund my shopping trips, I am not above searching for coins and cashing them in for cash to do so. Also, i Just got lucky and remembered I had a little bit left on a giftcard for Macy’s that I got for Christmas. So basically I went to Macys and the selection was incredibly poor, since people, who are obviously much smarter than me, had already begun shopping for their V-Day outfits before now. However, I still managed to prevail anyway. I found a basic red pleated deep V-neck knee-length dress that I knew would get the job done. I tried it on expecting it to be like this kinda average looking red dress that someone in their mid-40s would wear, but as soon as I got it over my massive boobs it turned into this vixenous va-va-va-VOOM dress! Exactly what I had been looking for! So boom I charged that to the giftcard ($59.99). Omg I’m so happy about that.
Style tips for you in regards to pleated dresses:
- This cut of dress is universally flattering.
- The pleating in the front of the dress will hide unsightly belly fat.
- The empire waist will make you look thinner.
- The pleating in the back will enhance your butt a little too.
- If you want it to look more posh or expensive go for a Silky/Satiny kind of material.
- Also if you’re shopping in the Juniors section, size up because for whatever reason these styles always seem to fit a little small.
Anyway, back to my V-Day shopping expedition. After I had about $37.50 left on my giftcard. Then it was onto the shoes, now I already had some in mind that I had seen at my work that were these red suede Mary Jane pumps with a sexy little ankle strap across the top. I hauled ass out of Macy’s and ran over to CC as fast as I could, but alas my red beauties had already sold :(. Fortunately, as I was on my out of Macy’s I had passed by their red shoe display and saw these HOT HOT HOT suede Steve Madden, colorblocked pumps with red, hot pink, and coral on them that were on sale for $69.99 and I thought to myself “Hmm, maybe.” So after my disappointment at CC, I once again hauled ass back over to Macy’s, and crossed my fingers as I went to ask a sales lady if they had those in a size 6 still. Andddd…..they did! They fit and I knew I could use the leftover on my giftcard to cut the already-on-sale price down to half, so it was done and done! Omg, what a lucky lucky day for me.
I don’t know if you can tell from the picture, but the heels are in fact hot pink. Mmm dream shoes! The grand total for these shoes (excluding my leftover giftcard money) was $37.97.
Style tips in regards to how to be more comfortable in heels:
- Go for platforms, they take down a little bit of the height and can make your heels more comfortable. The ball of your foot isn’t on the floor and so there’s less pressure on them and the angle between your heel and the ball of your foot is reduced, so you’re not in as much pain as you would be with a regular heel.
- Line the inside of your heels with moleskin to keep shoes from rubbing against your feet and causing blisters.
I will be posting a V-Day Polyvore display of all my favorite low-budget must-haves for you all soon! That’s it for me now.